-->
skip to main | skip to sidebar

Wednesday 12 September 2007

Well, it works for me

Sometimes it doesn't take much to brighten my day.

For all I know this may be common knowledge. But it was news to me when I heard it and made the connection a couple of weeks ago.

Michael G Wilson, stepson of Albert 'Cubby' Broccoli and Executive Producer and sometimes co-writer on the Bond movies since 1979, is the son of actor Lewis Wilson.

Lewis Wilson was the first screen Batman. He played the lead role in the 1942 Columbia serial, with Douglas Croft as Robin and J Carroll Naish in the villain's role.

My universe has meaning.

5 comments:

Danny Stack said...

And I pitched to Michael G Wilson and his son last month! Wahey.

Stephen Gallagher said...

Somewhere in my storage cupboard is the 6-reel, silent Super-8 cut-down of the 1942 serial that you could buy on individual 200' spools in the '70s. I edited them all together and sent the reels off to be mag-striped; when they came back I dubbed on my own soundtrack which was a head-exploding mix of Beethoven, Mahler, the Hot Club Quintet and the BBC sound effects records.

We hung a sheet over the window of the half-landing in my halls of residence, set the projector up on the landing above, and routed the sound through the massive speakers belonging to the staircase's hi-fi buff. Then we all got pissed and watched it. The whole block.

Happy days.

Stephen Melling said...

I doubt that is common knowledge, Steve!

Stephen Gallagher said...

Educating the world. One piece of trivia at a time.

Stephen Gallagher said...

Or maybe that should be "one trivium at a time"...